Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Track and Measure = Improved Results

There's a saying that goes "When behavior is measured behavior improves!" There's something about making an accounting that can spur us on to greater success. Our challenge for the week is:
USE AN ON-LINE TRACKING METHOD FOR YOUR FOOD.

I recommend

Both are available on the computer and on smart phones.

Your challenge is to:
1. Sign up for a tracker
2. Enter data for the amount of weight you want to lose per week so that it can give you a target number of calories for the day
3. Enter every mouthful of food, every drop of water and every minute of exercise daily.
4. Stay within your calorie range

For the days you stay within your calorie range you will earn 5 bonus points!

It has been amazing to me that on some days I feel like "I've hardly eaten anything" or "I've only eaten low calorie foods" but when I enter all my foods into the database I have filled (or over filled) my daily caloric need. It adds up.

These trackers can be a pain at first but once you enter the foods you most often need they can actually be super fast.

Another thing you will find is that exercise is a welcome bonus. My daily caloric allowance is 1200 calories and it is pretty tight to stick to that. But when I enter my daily exercise it adds those allowable calories to my daily allotment. What a difference it makes! This has really helped me to learn that to eat enough that I feel satisfied and full I need daily exercise to aid the weight loss!

*Note if you already use a daily tracker you might want to choose a category to monitor (fiber, fat, carbohydrates etc.) Do some research on the ideal daily amount and then make sure you are staying within healthy ranges!

P.S. When I made this same challenge in our last round of competition I noted that EVERYONE THAT DID THE CHALLENGE LOST WEIGHT. And everyone that did not do the challenge did not lose weight.

You can honestly complete the daily tracker in less than 10 minutes per day. If you are not losing weight as rapidly as you would like it is vital to track your daily food intake so that you can make a wise determination of any changes you need to make!

Sandee

No comments:

Post a Comment